CREATE Arts Center is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization offering arts classes, camps, and pARTies for children ages 2 -16, and arts classes & art therapy programs for adults of all ages. Our mission is to promote creativity, self-expression, and learning in the arts.
Please refresh this page to make sure you’re reading the most updated information.
- Do you or someone you know have a passion for CREATE’s mission of bringing the inspiration of art to all in our community? With several long-time board members transitioning off the board, we are looking to recruit 4-6 new board members. In addition, we are seeking 6-10 individuals to join with our board members to staff our governing committees. We are particularly seeking individuals with experience in marketing, fundraising, nonprofit management, strategic planning, business development, or finance. Learn more here or email us.
- Share an office with us! We have a large conference room/reception area and adjoining office available for lease. The space has a separate entrance from the front of the building and is perfect for an artist, therapist, writer, or researcher. The 405 square foot space is available August 1 and rents for $680/month. WiFi and all utilities included. Email us to arrange to see the space and click here for photos.
- NEW registration system: All new camp & class registrations will now be completed through Active.com! This new system will greatly streamline the registration process for our students and our staff. Students and their families won’t have to enter all the same information each time they register. You’ll also be able to print your own receipts when you need them for your taxes.
–To register for an upcoming program, click here.
–If you have already created an Active.com account, you can log in here.
- Studio Downstairs: We are excited to announce that the members of CREATE’s Studio Downstairs program are featured in their first solo art exhibition at the Carriage House of the Ratner Museum in Bethesda. Exhibition on view July 1 – July 31. Details here.
- Summer Arts Camp: Mini Session 4 (Aug. 25-29), our FINAL session of the summer, still has openings! Five-year-olds are welcome to join us this week! Register today!
- You can make a difference! Help us bring art to more than 150 at-risk elementary school students through our smARTkids Art Program. Your donation will help us continue this transformational program at no cost to these students and their families. DONATE NOW and share with your friends to help us with this exciting effort! Thank you for your generous donations and support!
- Parking at CREATE: Due to construction next to CREATE, the Thayer Ave. Entrance to our parking lot is CLOSED until further notice, and there will be no visitor parking available in our lot. Please read below for parking instructions as well as directions to access our entrance (in the back of our building).
- In case of inclement weather, we will contact you via email…but we will also post any cancellations on facebook and on this page. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking instructions for CLASSES, pARTies, and CAMPS are as follows:
- CLASSES & pARTies:
- Places to Park:
Alternate parking options include the metered spots in the Fenton St. Village Parking Lot or at a meter along Fenton Street (meters are FREE on Saturdays but have a 1 hour limit).
*DO NOT PARK in the parking lot next to Addis Ababa – they WILL tow your car (quickly!).
- Walking to CREATE:
Once you’ve parked, walk to our building at 816 Thayer Ave. (red brick building across from Silver Spring Towers, right next to a construction site). Follow the walkway directly to the left of our building. Our entrance is in the turquoise door at the bottom of ramp.
- We have 2 options for drop-off and pick-up: our staff will be at the Fenton Street Entrance gate (Gate Drop-Off/Pick-Up) OR you can park and walk your child into the building (Lobby Drop-Off/Pick-Up). Please see the map above.
- Gate Drop-Off/ Pick-Up: Turn off Fenton Street into the alley (which exits at Grove St.) next to Spa Mesu. Pull your car up to our Fenton St. Entrance (see map) and drop off your child with our staff. You will sign your child in/out at the gate.
- Lobby Drop-Off/ Pick-Up: Park in a metered spot on Fenton or in the Fenton St. Village Parking Lot (see map) and sign your child in/out at our Fenton Street Entrance. *DO NOT PARK in the parking lot next to Addis Ababa – they WILL tow your car (quickly!).