CREATE Arts Center is a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization offering arts classes, camps, and pARTies for children ages 2 -16, and arts classes & art therapy programs for adults of all ages. Our mission is to promote creativity, self-expression, and learning in the arts.
Please refresh this page to make sure you’re reading the most updated information.
- In case of inclement weather, we will contact you via email, but we will also post any cancellations on facebook and on this page. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our new Free Art Wednesdays program is running weekly at the Silver Spring Civic Center! CREATE will be teaching “Amazing Animals” on March 5th!
- Spring Class sign-up is now open! Classes begin March 30. Check out our awesome winter lineup for ages 2 – 15 (Storytelling through Cartooning, Drawing & Painting, Family Pottery + more) and register here!
- Make a difference! Help us bring art to more than 150 at-risk elementary school students through our smARTkids Art Program. Your donation will help us continue this transformational program at no cost to these students and their families. DONATE NOW and share with your friends to help us with this exciting effort! Thank you for your generous donations and support!
- Due to construction next to CREATE, the Thayer Ave. Entrance to our parking lot is CLOSED until further notice, and there will be no visitor parking available in our lot.
*Please read below for parking instructions as well as directions to access our entrance (which is in the back of our building).* Parking instructions for CLASSES, pARTies, and CAMPS are as follows:
- CLASSES & pARTies:
- Places to Park:
Alternate parking options include the metered spots in the Fenton St. Village Parking Lot or at a meter along Fenton Street (meters are FREE on Saturdays but have a 1 hour limit).
*DO NOT PARK in the parking lot next to Addis Ababa – they WILL tow your car (quickly!).
- Walking to CREATE:
Once you’ve parked, walk to our building at 816 Thayer Ave. (red brick building across from Silver Spring Towers, right next to a construction site). Follow the walkway directly to the left of our building. Our entrance is in the turquoise door at the bottom of ramp.
- We have 2 options for drop-off and pick-up: our staff will be at the Fenton Street Entrance gate (Gate Drop-Off/Pick-Up) OR you can park and walk your child into the building (Lobby Drop-Off/Pick-Up). Please see the map above.
- Gate Drop-Off/ Pick-Up: Turn off Fenton Street into the alley (which exits at Grove St.) next to Spa Mesu. Pull your car up to our Fenton St. Entrance (see map) and drop off your child with our staff. You will sign your child in/out at the gate.
- Lobby Drop-Off/ Pick-Up: Park in a metered spot on Fenton or in the Fenton St. Village Parking Lot (see map) and sign your child in/out at our Fenton Street Entrance. *DO NOT PARK in the parking lot next to Addis Ababa – they WILL tow your car (quickly!).